Thursday, March 7, 2013

A DAY TO REMEMBER


Exactly 13 years ago today, my wife was in the hospital expecting our first baby. She had been there through the night while I was at home attending to students of the University that were fainting in my sitting room due to tear gas infection because there was a riot in town. Torn between saving lives and welcoming my baby, there were no mobile phones to get updates from the hospital and movement was restricted.

I had to take the risk to drive to the hospital at about 2pm. And to the glory of God, she had delivered. It dawned on me that God was ahead of us because if she had not gone to the hospital the previous night, taking her there would have been impossible during the riot. Only God knows what would have happened.

A day that started so rough ended so well, no life was lost in my sitting room and my wife and baby were fine and sound. Above all, we were kept from the effect of the riot, they only heard the news later. (Psalm 91 was at work)

To the glory of God, those students are all big men and women now, married with children. And as for that baby, he is a big boy now, almost taller than I am. He is thirteen years old today.
THANK YOU JESUS FOR YOUR FAITHFULNESS.

2 comments:

  1. When we are focused on God's mission, indeed NOTHING is left unattended. Great wordings on God's faithfulness; to HIM be the glory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the issue is that we dont seem to trust Him totally

    ReplyDelete

A VITAL KEY FOR COMING INTO ALL THAT GOD HAS FOR US AS A CHURCH AND AS A PEOPLE

We must understand how laws operate. We must have respect for one another but at the same time, we all have equal access to our Father. Wh...