Thursday, January 24, 2013

BE WISE IN 2013


“… he that winneth souls is wise.” Prov.11:30
“… he who is wise captures human lives (for God as a fisher of men-he gathers and receives them for eternity)” Prov.11:30b (Amp)

If this is one of the scriptural definitions of a WISE MAN, then I choose to be committed to this cause by the grace of God. Yes, it takes wisdom to know that it’s only proper and fulfilling to be committed to what’s paramount in the heart of your Father. As a proper child of God, I should be concerned about gladdening my Father. Here is a peep into His heart.

“Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.” 1Tim.2:4

No wonder it’s wisdom for a true child of God to be committed to capturing human lives for God by the power of the Holy Ghost. If this is my commitment, then every platform, avenue, resources at my disposal should be towards achieving this.

I have a will and can make choices, which is the greatest privilege God has given me.
“See I have set before thee this day life and good, and death and evil. I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live.” Deut.30:15,19

In death is foolishness and in life is wisdom. So I can expand this verses to say, before me is;
Life and good or death and evil
Blessing or cursing
Wisdom or foolishness

After God gave the options before us, He took a step further to tell us what to choose meaning, if it were possible to make the choice for us, He would have. He can only show us the answer. God, having gone this far, what excuse do I now have to make the wrong choice. My honest, objective answer is NONE. So, my resolve for this New Year 2013 and beyond is, I CHOOSE TO BE WISE. What that means is that, I will be a genuine soul winner. I will commit everything in every way to actualize it. I know where to start from is on my knees, praying for the salvation of sinners as we break the hold of the devil over their lives (2 Cor.4:4, Is.25:7) and receive power to proclaim the gospel through every avenue created.

This is my irreversible decision (TO BE WISE IN 2013). What about you?
“For the Lord God will help me,
therefore shall I not be confounded:
therefore have I set my face like
a flint, and I know that I shall not be ashamed.” Is.50:7

Maranatha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A VITAL KEY FOR COMING INTO ALL THAT GOD HAS FOR US AS A CHURCH AND AS A PEOPLE

We must understand how laws operate. We must have respect for one another but at the same time, we all have equal access to our Father. Wh...